BAY - IBI GROUP ARCHITECTS: CLIENT CASE STUDY
Bay - IBI captures an additional $50,000 in annual reimbursable expenses through seamless tracking in Ajera
KEY ROI METRICS
CAPTURED IN ANNUAL REIMBURSABLE EXPENSES
Bay - IBI can track and bill for all of their reimbursables by using standard Pay When Paid reports in Ajera.
INCREASED PROJECT PROFIT
Quick access to detailed project activity has resulted in an increase of 5% project profit.
REDUCED FIRM-WIDE OVERHEAD
Project workload reporting helped keep staffing levels where they need to be, reducing firm-wide overhead.
"We knew that we were letting reimbursables slip through the cracks. With Ajera, we are able to track and manage everything that we should be billing to our clients." - Myrna Norman, Business Manager
Company: Bay - IBI Group Architects
Size: 80 employees
Location: Houston, TX
Background on Bay - IBI
Bay - IBI Group Architects was founded in 1995 to provide a unique blend of expertise and architectural design services. They specialize in development, urban land, building facilities, transportation networks and systems technology. Their staff has received multiple TSA/TASA/TASB awards for Architectural Excellence in Design.
Summary of the Challenges Prior to Ajera
- Bay - IBI depended on Sema4 for their project accounting needs. They consistently found that reimbursable work went unbilled. These expenses were a direct hit to Bay - IBI's bottom line.
- Project profits were often unknown until months after project completion. Partners had no visibility into project performance and often thought a project was profitable only to find out they had blown through their budget at the end of the project.
- Bay - IBI could not project their future workloads with any confidence. They constantly felt either under or overstaffed for their existing projects. When work slowed down, their utilization dropped and overhead costs increased.
Summary of the Benefits of Ajera
- In one year, Bay - IBI was able to bill $100,000 in reimbursable expenses versus the prior year's $50,000 for the same workload. Using Ajera's project setup and consultant Pay When Paid report, they can track all the billable elements of their jobs.
- Project Managers are more engaged in the invoicing and review of their projects. They have the information they need at their fingertips. The increased visibility into project performance has allowed project managers to quickly address potential issues which has driven an increase of 5% to average project profits.
- Ajera's extensive resource management tools and reporting have driven accurate workload projections and proper staffing levels. This kind of visibility has saved thousands in unnecessary overhead costs. With Ajera's workload forecasting, Bay - IBI knows exactly what they need before they need it.
PRINT CASE STUDY
A printable version of this case study is available in PDF format. Download the BAY - IBI Group Architects Case Study.
REQUEST A DEMO
A personalized demo gives you a tailored look at Ajera based on what's most important to your firm. Sign up today.
BE MORE PROFITABLE
Make your projects more profitable. Ajera can help your architectural or engineering firm increase ROI.